Saturday 29 March 2008

Day 2. YOU ARE NOT AN ACCIDENT

You are not an accident!


“I am your creator. You were in my care even before you were born” (Isaiah 44:2a)

You are not accident.
Your birth was no mistake. Your parents may not have planned you, but God did. He was not all surprised by your birth. In fact, he expected it. Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God. He thought you first. It is not fate, nor chance, nor luck, nor coincidence that you are breathing at this very moment. You are alive because God wanted to create you! The bible says, “The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me” (Psalm 138.8a )
God prescribed every single detail of your body. He deliberately chose your race, the color of your skin, your hair, and every other feature. He custom-made your body just the way he wanted it. He also determined the natural talents you would possess and the uniqueness of your personality. The bible says, “You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something (Psalm 139:15). Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. “You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breath. Everyday was recorded in your book” (Psalm 139:16 ). Most amazing, God decided how would you be born. It doesn’t matter whether your parents were good, bad, or indifferent. Your parents had the DNA God wanted to make you. Many children are unplanned by their parents, but they are not unplanned by God. God never does anything accidentally, he never makes mistakes. You were created and designed with a purpose! God made you so he could love you.
The bible tells us, “God is love”. There is a perfect love in the fellowship of the Trinity, so God didn’t need to create you. He wasn’t lonely. But he wanted to make you in order to express his love. God says, “I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you. (Isaiah 46:3-4 )
What on earth am I here for? We discover that meaning and purpose of life only when we make God the reference point of our lives.

Day 2
Thinking about my purpose

Point to ponder: I am not an accident

Verse to remember: “I am your creator. You were in my care even before you were born (Isaiah 44:2a)

Question to consider: What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?
note: see also Day 1 reflection...posted earlier

No comments: