Wednesday 23 April 2008

I asked God why I wasn't beautiful.


I asked God...

I asked God why I wasn't rich.

He showed me a man with the wealth of a thousand kings, who was lonely, and had no one to share it with.

I asked God why I wasn't beautiful.

He showed me a woman more beautiful than any other, who was ugly because of her vanity.

I asked God why He'd allowed me to become old.

He showed me a boy of 16, who lay dead at the scene of a car accident.

I asked God why I didn't have a bigger house.

He showed me a family of six, who had just been evicted from their tiny shack, and were forced, to live on the street.

I asked God why I had to work.

He showed me a man, who couldn't find a decent job, because he'd never learned to read.

I asked God why I wasn't more popular.

He showed me a socialite with a thousand friends, who all left the moment the money and parties were no longer there.

I asked God why I wasn't smarter.

He showed me a natural born genius, serving life in prison for making ill use of his knowledge.

I asked God why He put up with a thankless sinner like me.

He showed me His Bible. He showed me His Son who took my place at the judgment. I knew then how much He loved me.

What's eating you today? Are your problems weighing heavy on your heart? Know, then, that you are loved.

Have a WONDERFUL day!


Then brighten someone else's day, in any way you care to.

Remember, a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

Just reach out and touch someone's life and brighten up his or her day.

No comments: